I am running 1:1 Swim Sessions in the South of England where I am currently based for the rest of 2020. As restrictions continue to ease I look forward to expanding what I am able to offer to small groups.
After making the difficult decision to cancel all my sessions in Snowdonia until 2021 I am pleased to be able to start planning again for next year. I will be releasing dates gradually over the coming months rather than all at once, in order to see how the pandemic evolves over the winter period.
I am grateful for all the continued kindness, support and patience I have been offered by so many of you whilst trying to keep my small business going.
WILD SWIM SESSIONS
- MOUNTAIN SWIMMING WEEKEND - 8/9 May 2021Sat, May 08Snowdonia National ParkMay 08, 10:00 AM – May 09, 4:00 PMSnowdonia National Park, Capel Curig, Betws-y-Coed LL24 0EN, UKPlan, Prepare, Discover your perfect swim in the lakes of Snowdonia. There is more to swimming in a mountain lake than changing into your swimsuit, join me for two days for an introduction to swimming in the mountains, find out how to prepare for the perfect mountain swim.
- Sold OutMOUNTAIN SWIMMING WEEKEND - 29/30 May 2021Sat, May 29Snowdonia National ParkMay 29, 10:00 AM – May 30, 4:00 PMSnowdonia National Park, Capel Curig, Betws-y-Coed LL24 0EN, UKPlan, Prepare, Discover your perfect swim in the lakes of Snowdonia. There is more to swimming in a mountain lake than changing into your swimsuit, join me for two days for an introduction to swimming in the mountains, find out how to prepare for the perfect mountain swim.
- Sold Out#SWIMSNOWDONIA EXPLORER WEEK - 2021Mon, Jun 07Snowdonia National Park
- MOUNTAIN SWIMMING WEEKEND - 14/15 Aug 2021Sat, Aug 14Snowdonia National ParkAug 14, 10:00 AM – Aug 15, 4:00 PMSnowdonia National Park, Capel Curig, Betws-y-Coed LL24 0EN, UKPlan, Prepare, Discover your perfect swim in the lakes of Snowdonia. There is more to swimming in a mountain lake than changing into your swimsuit, join me for two days for an introduction to swimming in the mountains, find out how to prepare for the perfect mountain swim.
- MOUNTAIN SWIMMING WEEKEND - 11/12 SeptSat, Sep 11Snowdonia National ParkSep 11, 10:00 AM – Sep 12, 4:00 PMSnowdonia National Park, Capel Curig, Betws-y-Coed LL24 0EN, UK
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Vivienne Rickman recognises that mountain walking and swimming are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own involvement. By booking a day/event you are aware and accept these risks and will be responsible for your own actions and involvement. Vivienne Rickman will help you to manage these, but can never completely remove them.
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
This is a small business and whilst every effort is made to be as flexible as possible when your circumstances change, it still needs to be a viable business and therefore VR will need to adhere to these terms and conditions. These conditions also apply to each individual when booking as a group. It is advised that you take out your own personal accident/cancellation insurance.
INSURANCE AND LOSS
Vivienne Rickman(VR) days/events do not include any personal accident, cancellation, third-party liability or personal insurance. VR recommends that you take out your own policy to cover all cancellation, expenses, and medical emergencies as well as equipment loss or theft. VR will accept no responsibility whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property.
For group bookings, each individual must complete a booking form.
Only on receipt of a completed booking form and full payment will a place be guaranteed.
CANCELLATION BY VR
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that advertised days/event actually run, VR will notify the client of cancellation as soon a possible where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the activity.
In the unlikely event that VR has to cancel your day/event, you will be offered either a full refund or another date.
VR will not be liable for any travel or accommodation-related expenses.
CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
Cancellation by the client must be in writing.
Once notified of the cancellation in writing, VR will try to resell the day/event place(s). In the event that VR is able to resell the course place prior to the commencement date, the client will receive a full refund minus any deposit.
In the event that VR is unable to resell the day/event place(s) prior to the course commencement date the client will be charged the following cancellation fees:
For all Wild Swim Sessions (except #SwimSnowdonia - Explorer Week)
Where notice is 42 days or less, no refund will be given.
If notice is 42 days or more, VR will refund your payment in full.
For #SwimSnowdonia- Explorer week
Where notice is 90 days or less, no refund will be given.
If notice is 90 days or more, VR will refund your payment minus the non-refundable deposit (£150).
Refunds will only be made after the commencement date of the course.
Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the time of purchase, and non-refundable.
Coronavirus is a threat to us all, no matter where we go or what we do. However, SAGE evidence suggests that outdoor activities may present a lower risk of virus transmission. VR will base all activities on the following principles:
All Wild Swim/Open Water Coaching Sessions will wherever possible follow current safe social distancing guidelines. The dynamic nature of being in the environment of the mountains, lakes, rivers or the sea means there may be occasions when ideal Covid secure practice (in, for example, social distancing) can not be maintained e.g, to deal with an immediate safety concern that takes priority.
Please walk, cycle or use your own transport where possible to attend any sessions.
There will be a maximum of 6 people at any sessions held outdoors.
VR will hold a temporary record of your details for 21 days after completing any session and will assist the NHS Test and Trace with these details if required.
CLIENTS ARE ASKED TO ANSWER THE BELOW BEFORE THEY ATTEND THE SWIM SESSION
Now, or at any time in the last 14 days:
Do you have/have you had a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)?
Do you have a/have you had a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)?
Do you have or have you had a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal?
Are any of your household symptomatic of COVID 19 or have any of them been?
Are any of your household self-isolating or have any of them been?
To the best of your knowledge have you been in close contact with anyone else who is symptomatic of COVID 19?
Do you accept that your participation in the booked activity may increase your risk of exposure to infection with the virus relative to no-participation?
Do you agree to inform us should you develop any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 any time within 14 days of the end of the activity? We will undertake to do the same.